mailboxes / folders listings with imap

I just switched over from using maildir++ to having a Dovecot IMAP server hosting my mail.

I used to run a .muttrc that had some nice capabilities for letting me browse through folders:

#mailboxes `\
#echo -n "+ "; \
#for file in ~/.maildir/.*; do \
#  box=$(basename $file); \
# if [ ! $box = '.' -a ! $box = '..' -a ! $box = '.customflags' -a ! $box = '.subscriptions' ]; then \
#    echo -n "+$box "; \
#  fi; \
#done`
#
#macro index c "<change-folder>?<toggle-mailboxes>" "open a different folder" #macro pager c "<change-folder>?<toggle-mailboxes>" "open a different folder"
#
#macro index C "<copy-message>?<toggle-mailboxes>" "copy a message to a mailbox" #macro index M "<save-message>?<toggle-mailboxes>" "move a message to a mailbox"

I dont know exactly what my old .muttrc script did, but is there any way to restore its functionality? All I'm really looking for is the ability to list and navigate between different folders. This code doesnt work with imap as there is no ~/.maildir/ anymore to populate the list of folders from.

Sorry know its vague, hope I'm making sense, hope someone can point me in the right direction.
rektide