How to default to text/plain if it's there?

How do you make mutt show the text/plain attachment rather than the
text/html one when both are present?  I have just realised that a lot
of messages I receive have both and the text/html via lynx is *far*
less useful than the text/plain.

I.e. I'm getting messages which show the following if I hit 'v' :-

->   I     1 <no description>                  [multipa/alternativ, 7bit, 3.0K]
     I     2 ├─><no description>              [text/plain, quoted, utf-8, 1.1K]
     I     3 └─><no description>               [text/html, quoted, utf-8, 1.6K]

How do I default to the text/plain?  At present, with just "auto_view
text/html" in my muttrc I get to see the text/html.  I want the
auto_view to work when there's not an alternative text/plain present.

--
Chris Green