Re: complete-query key binding question

=- Marianne Promberger wrote on Sun 13.Apr'08 at 13:21:56 +0100 -=

> What does "^T" stand for? I can't figure this out. Certanily, the
> actual "^" and "T" keys don't work for me.

Ctrl-T (or Strg-T)

> This works fine:
> bind    editor    "\e\t"  complete-query
> But really, I'd rather bind it to Ctrl-Tab, but this
> bind    editor    "\C\t"  complete-query
> doesn't do the trick -- hitting Ctrl and Tab on a name in an
> address field brings up the matching aliases as for Ctrl alone.

You mean "TAB alone".
Anyway, ESC is a real character, Ctrl is just a key-modifier, it
doesn't produce a key on its own.
With most other characters the Ctrl-modifier produces a different
character ... just not with TAB. At least normally.
Some environments (like X-windows and some terminal emus) do, but
the standard text-terminal does not Ctrl-modify TAB, so you end up
with the same "normal" TAB.
On some systems Shift-TAB works, but you'd need to capture the raw
ESC-sequence produced by it, there is no mutt-code for it.