Re: mutt in GNU Screen - new email indicator

To answer my own question, one needs to use the 'status_format' setting.

I have called it like this:

set status_format="/home/sk/scripts/mutt_newmail '-%r-%v:........... '|"

and the mutt_newmail script is as follows:

#!/bin/sh
if [[ "$1" =~ "New:" ]]
then
        printf "\033kmutt: new\033\\" > /dev/tty
else
        printf "\033kmutt\033\\" > /dev/tty
fi

echo "$1"

The only outstanding problem is that this works only if a new mail
arrives in the currently selected mailbox. If it arrives in another
mailbox, the status bar does not get updated and hence the script is
not called.

Anyone knows a better way?

-sk-