Re: Google Sent Mail

Hello Kyle,

 On Friday, February 29, 2008 at 16:19:08 -0600, Kyle Wheeler wrote:

> The space there triggers mutt to replace everything you've typed thus
> far with the name of whatever mailboxes contain new email.

    To insert a literal space at the folder prompt, you can first call
the <quote-char> function (bound to ^V by default), then press <Space>.

| macro index,pager S "<change-folder>=[Gmail]/Sent<quote-char> Mail<Enter>"

> mutt should only do that if space is the *first* character that you
> type

    Well, as the <Space> key is bound to <buffy-cycle>, it would be
quite difficult to call a function when first at prompt, and print
a literal space otherwise. And anyway users may still want to
<buffy-cycle> even after having typed something else. People happen to
change their minds.

    In other words, I see no problem with this behaviour. The real
problem is the collision between a default editor key binding and
a character used in filenames. Anyone can easely change his own
bindings. But changing the default of such a well-established binding
as <Space> to <buffy-cycle>, that would be an annoyance bigger than the
occasional necessity to ^V.

Bye!    Alain.
--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.