Re: OT: sending emails with Exchange Server

El día Thursday, March 20, 2008 a las 09:28:27AM +0200, Salvatore Iovene
escribió:

> Hi list,
> I'm sorry for the OT but couldn't imagine a better place to ask.
> I use mutt+msmtp and the company I work for has an Exchange Server
> (argh! if only I had known before accepting the job! :)).
>
> I'm able to retrieve the mail via normal imap, and send mails to the
> domain my_company.com. But whenever I try to email any other domain,
> the server replies that the address is not accepted.
>
> This is my .msmtprc file:
>
> account default
> host mail.local
> port 25
> user foo
> password bar
> tls off
> auth off
> from foo@xxxxxxxxxxx
>
> I thought that the problem would be "auth off" but if I turn it on I
> get the following error when sending any mail:
>
> msmtp: GNU SASL: GSSAPI error in client while negotiating security
> context in gss_init_sec_context() in SASL library.  This is most
> likely due insufficient credentials or malicious interactions.
>
> Has anyone ever run into this problem and could perhaps help?
> Thanks a lot!

I'm fetching with IMAP and sending upstream with sendmail's SMTP to our
Exchange Server. Works as it should. The admin had to put all SMTP
talking addr in some white_list for no-auth; don't ask me what this is
exactly on Exchange Server; maybe you could see it in the transport
header lines of this mail...

        matthias

--
Matthias Apitz