Re: utf-8 problems continued

On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 02:57:19PM +0000, Chris G wrote:
> If you look in the header of this message I *fear* you will see that
> the charset is set to iso-8859-1.  It's not my muttrc that's doing
> that, so what is setting it to that, incorrectly!  I suspect that it's
> probably this that is the fundamental problem (apart from getting my
> editor to enter the correct utf-8 encoding).

Not even that, something has set the charset to us-ascii.

Does something, somewhere *guess* the character set from the stream of
characters it sees?

I'll send a couple more messages to the list, one with some iso8859-1
pound signs in it and one with some utf-8 pound signs and see what
happens.

--
Chris Green