Re: Problems with mutt and utf-8, can't talk to itself even!

On Wed, Mar 19 2008, Chris G wrote:

> However I can't seem to get mutt set up correctly, if I enter symbols
> like GB pound signs or accented characters in an E-Mail then when I
> view the E-Mail using mutt I see reverse video ? instead of the
> correct characters.

Hello Chris,

Does the terminal use a font for utf8-encoding?
You can test it like this: put a pound sign into a file and be sure, that
this file is utf-8 encoded. Then try "cat file" in the terminal.

To get the right font in my xterm, I have the following line in my
.Xdefaults:
             xterm*font: -adobe-courier-bold-r-*--20-*-iso10646-1

Cheers, Peter

--
http://pmrb.free.fr/contact/