alternative_order

I'm trying to figure out a better way to deal with this than I
currently am, if it's even possible.  Right now I have text/plain
listed first, then text/html for those emails that come in only html.
95% of the time that works fine, but there are some emails that in
plain text get all screwed up when viewed in mutt.  These seem to be
either from some hotmail addresses, not all, and replies using the Sun
Java(tm) System Messenger.  These particular emails come in all one
line, which makes them impossible to read.  I can simply put text/html
ahead of text/plain, but then any email that comes in with an html
part will get displayed as such and I have that header and footer
about the html, where I'd rather just have it as plain text.

If this makes sense, any better way of handling this?

Thanks.

-Ken