Re: URLs screwed in the mail body

Hello Kyle,

On Fri, Mar 7, 2008 at 5:00 PM, Kyle Wheeler <kyle-mutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  I can think of two ways, both have their flaws.

Actually it would be better to fix the source of the problem instead
of trying to
find a workaround... But I don't know where these URLs get splitted at first.
Perhaps you could enlight me ?

>      1. You can set pipe_decode before piping the message to urlview;
>         that way mutt will reconnect all the lines according to the way
>         they were encoded, and URLs won't be split. On the other hand,
>         if you use w3m as your html renderer, many URLs will simply not
>         be visible to urlview.
>
>      2. Pipe it through tr to removes all newlines and spaces before
>         piping it to urlview. Like this:
>
>         macro pager \cb "<pipe-message>tr -d ' \r\n' | urlview<enter>"
>
>  The second option seems to be the best... but it has the problem that
>  it may concatenate urls that shouldn't be concatenated (For example,
>  imagine the sentence "Go to http://www.google.com/ and tell me what
>  you think" - the url would become
>  http://www.google.com/andtellmewhatyouthink

Why in this case spaces would be deleted ?

>  Perhaps it's better to do this:
>
>      3. Pipe it through lynx to extract the urls before piping it to
>         urlview, like so:
>
>         macro pager \cb "<pipe-message>lynx --force-html --dump |
> urlview<enter>"

Yes. It would be nice to apply this macro for html emails only. For text emails
just do the usual/fast thing.

Thank you for your usefull feedbacks.
--
Francis