Re: Replying to html emails

> > Is there a way to reply to an html based email and have all the tags
> > stripped out automatically?
>
> If you have
>       auto_view text/html

And it's not limited to html. I do have MS Word convertor (antiword) and
Open Office convertor (odtview) enabled. I usually even don't notice
that someone sent the mail in such format.

> in your .muttrc, mutt will decode the HTML when you read the message
> and when you quote the message in a reply.  If the mail does not start
> out as a text/html messsage, you can change its content-type in the
> index with ^E.  If it just has an HTML component, you can change
> it with ^E in the attachments menu.

You can also set nametemplate in your .mailcap. My line for Open Office
looks like:

# View odt as text normally, printing opens soffice
application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text; odtview %s; copiousoutput;
print=display_wrapper /pkg/isv/bin/soffice -view %s; description="OpenDocument
Text"; nametemplate=%s.odt

(display_wrapper sets my DISPLAY environment to the machine where I am
currently sitting - I'm running mutt from screen)

--
        Vlad