IMAP Folder Browser

Hello all,

I have just switched my setup from using mboxes to IMAP. I have created a
hierarchy of directories and sub-directories and I can indeed browse through
these using Mutt.

I have looked at the Mutt manual, and man muttrc, but I cannot see however any
way to customise the view when in the folder browser. All it shows me is a
folder number, the word IMAP (which seems superfluous), a big gap and the
folder or directory name.

There is no indication of the number of new messages (or indeed if there are
new messages at all) or any other useful information.

Setting folder_format seems to have no discernible effect.

Mutt is soooo customisable, surely there is a way to do so with IMAP folders?
 - or have I just missed something screamingly obvious (distinct possibility).

Thanks for any suggestions...

AD