Re: Sent mail

> On Friday, January  4 at 04:02 PM, quoth Rem P Roberti:
> > I don't know how this happened, but Mutt is now creating individual
> > folders for mail that I have sent, in which it places copies of sent
> > mail.  Before this time Mutt always put copies of outgoing mail in a
> > central "sent" folder.  I did do some "tweaking" of the .muttrc file,
> > but when this new situation arose I put everything back to its original
> > state.  At any event, this has motivated me to learn the proper
> > manner in which to handle sent mail, and any help would be appreciated.
>
> "Proper" sent mail handling depends on your preferences. What would
> you like to have happen?

Thanks for responding, Kyle.  I found the problem.  Somewhere along the
line, while I was messing around with my .muttrc file, I changed the set
force_name= variable to yes instead of no.  And, as you know, that
overode my set record=~/Mail/sent.  For the time being I am happy to
have the copies of outgoing mail appended to /Mail/sent.  So, all is well
again.  I am curious about one thing, however.  It seems that having a
dedicated "sent" mailbox is verboten.  Why is that?

Cheers,

Rem