Re: Good .vimrc / for mutt

On Tue, Oct 30, 2007 at 05:41:35PM +0530, Dilip M wrote:
> On 10/30/07, Dilip M <dilip.mahadevappa@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > 1. How to delete the lines between '>' and chars. something like this,

> > Is there any function/macro used my anyone, which will fix this?
> > Please share the same.
>
> Found
>
> http://vim.sourceforge.net/scripts/script.php?script_id=1689

Oh but for the love of god, don't use the supercite style quoting
(Mauro>) that script uses.

I just use gqip to reformat paragraphs, as necessary (you can map that
to a single key via a macro if you want).

If the text actually has extra whitespace between the quote markers
and text like the above example, I usually just do a visual block on
the text and a quick regex to requote.

Anyway, I have something like this in my .vimrc, in case it's helpful.

fixdel
set backspace=indent,eol,start
set t_kD=
set nohlsearch
set ruler               " display ruler all the time
syntax on
set bg=dark
map Q gqip
map F {!}par 70<CR>    " alternate way of reflowing paragraphs
map S d/^--<CR>ko<CR>  " delete to sig
if has("autocmd")
    au FileType mail set noai tw=72
endif