Re: Updating to Ubuntu Gutsy no longer shows message counts

On Monday, 22 October 2007 at 12:21, Bill Moseley wrote:

> > Debian had similar problem couple of months ago, but it was fixed. Don't
> > know if its related to yours, but you could always try building you
> > package from debians (unstable) sources and see if that helps.
> >
> > Changelog of the fix
> > (http://packages.debian.org/changelogs/pool/main/m/mutt/mutt_1.5.16-3/changelog):
> > mutt (1.5.16-3) unstable; urgency=medium
> >    * Fix the maildir-mtime patch change in 1.5.14+cvs20070403-1 that
> >    broke
> >      new mail message count in IMAP folders. (Closes: #421468, #428734,
> > #433275)
>
> Huh.  Well, I first downloaded source via Mercurial:
>
>      hg clone http://dev.mutt.org/hg/mutt

Due to a bug in the conversion from CVS, this may not give you the
most recent change. Try

hg update -C HEAD

to bring yourself up to date (and 'hg pull -u' to keep yourself
there).

Having said that, there are some bugs in new mail detection over IMAP
that I hope to get to soon (I've been swamped for a couple of months,
but the load has just lightened a bit).