Procmail

I am in the process of trying to set up Procmail, and I thought that the
.procmail file, and my getmailrc were configured properly.  But when I
try to retrieve mail I get this error message:

Exception: please read docs/BUGS and include the following information
in any bug report:

  getmail version 4.7.6
  Python version 2.5.1 (r251:54863, Sep 16 2007, 14:19:57)
[GCC 3.4.6 [FreeBSD] 20060305]

Unhandled exception follows:
    File "/usr/local/bin/getmail", line 506, in main
    destination_func = getattr(destinations, destination_type)
  AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'MDA external'

Please also include configuration information from running getmail
with your normal options plus "--dump".

Anyone help me on this one?

Rem