Return does not work with sidebar patch

Hello mutt users,

my first post to the list.

Since I've read about the sidebar USE-flag (Gentoo) in this mailing
list, I've given it a try and it works almost perfect, only one thing is
annoying me:

I can no longer use return to open mails or scroll down mails, instead,
the next entry in the sidebar is marked. Please notice that I mean
return, and not the enter key. With enter, it always works.

This only happens when the sidebar-next bindings are active! Here is my
configuration with regard to the sidebar patch:

--- snip ---

set sidebar_visible="yes"
set sidebar_width=40
set sidebar_delim=" |  "

color sidebar_new yellow default

bind index \Ck sidebar-prev
bind index \Cj sidebar-next
bind index \Co sidebar-open
bind pager \Ck sidebar-prev
bind pager \Cj sidebar-next
bind pager \Co sidebar-open

macro index B ':toggle sidebar_visible<enter>'
macro pager B ':toggle sidebar_visible<enter>'

--- snap ---

Again: if I comment out the two sidebar-next bindings, I can use return
to open mails.

Is this a bug, does anyone know a solution to it?

Thanks in advance
Andreas

--
  ^^^    | Andreas Leppert