Re: Exporting from alias folder

On Sat  6 Oct 2007 16:51, Rem P Roberti wrote:

> <snip> It is very easy to create an alias from a received message just
> by using the "a" command.  This puts the new alias in my .mail_aliases
> folder, which resides in my home directory.  My understanding is that
> you can transfer selected aliases from that folder to Abook, and that
> process can be carried off from within Mutt itself.  Then you can just
> prune the .mail_aliases folder for whatever aliases are not to be kept
> permanently.

Can't help you there I'm afraid. Since I started using Abook I stopped
using the standard Mutt alias file. I found a Perl script written by Brian Foley
<brianf@xxxxxxxxxxxx> which writes the details straight into Abook. I've
remapped my "a" key to call that.

> I'm sure that the solution to this problem is a slam dunk but, as I
> said, I suffer from the dreaded curse of the newbies.

You gotta start somewhere!

>  Thanks again for your help.

You're welcome.