Re: trouble building with sasl

OK, I tried a fresh install of cyrus-sasl2.1.22 in /usr/local/lib, and was able
to build.

But now I can't authenticate with my smtp server.  Here's what I've set:

smtp_url='smtp://me@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:587'

But mutt attempts to send mail and I get "no authenticators available".  I've
been using msmtp, and I think that connects to my server just fine using TLS.

I'm confused here.  Anyone know what's going on?  Thanks.
-G

Thus spake dv1445@xxxxxxxxx [10/06/07 @ 16.20.58 -0400]:
> All,
>
> I've been trying to build in sasl so that I can fully use the new built-in
> smtp action in 1.5.16.  Trouble is, I have sasl on my machine, but when I
> invoke 'make', I get a bunch of errors, telling me that some file named
> sasl.h does not exist.  Well, that's true, there is no file on my machine
> called sasl.h.  Nevertheless, I installed cyrus-sasl2 via fink, and I also
> have in /usr/lib some stuff that sure looks like sasl2 (this came with
> MacOSX10.4).  What's going on here?
>
> Here is my configure line: sudo ./configure --enable-imap --enable-smtp
> --enable-hcache --with-ssl --with-sasl=/sw/lib/sasl2
> --with-bdb=/usr/local/berkeleydb.4.5
>
> I tried flipping around the location of "--with-sasl", but it never works.
>
> Here is what comes on my screen:
[snip]