Re: Generate Reply / New Mail in new shell session

On 10/04/07 10:59, David Champion wrote:
> > It would be nice if it was possible to start a New Email or Replies in
> > a new shell session and close it automatically when a mail is sent,
> > without, going through postpone.
> >
> > Is it possible?
>
> Check the archives -- possibly a few years back.  People have posted
> examples of how to do this using an external script and a macro.
>
> Basically you generate a draft file as normally, but set your editor to
> an external script that launches a new mutt instance in a new window
> using that draft file as a template.  Then restore $editor and move on.
> Should be even easier now, with my_ variables.

All I was able to find is a solution with "Ctrl-z" putting it in a background
and starting new session.
That is not really a solution.

I'm sure somebody has similar macro worked out, it is just a mutter of finding
it :-/

--
#Joseph
GPG KeyID: ED0E1FB7