Re: How to activate a given GPG key through a macro...

--- Kyle Wheeler <kyle-mutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> schrieb:

Thank you very much for your reply.

I apologize for not being too quick in grasping the
advice  you just gave - being very new to this stuff -
so please be patient with me...

> There are several ways to do it. You could include
> the command to
> change pgp_sign_as in the macro that you use to
> change your return
> address, or you could set it in send-hooks. Depends
> on which seems
> more elegant to you.

The only pgp references to a specific key value that I
currently have in my .muttrc (which works perfectly
with the current one-key setup) are as follows:

set pgp_sign_as=0x31577172
set pgp --encrypt-to=0x31577172

What would seem elegant to me is to replace those key
values with a $VARIABLE that can be changed on the fly
by changing a single value in the macro sequences I
use to change return address, hostname, realname, Bcc
field, etc. for each email address I have.

As I said, I do not know how to specifically go about
it in my .muttrc... Would you give me an example of
exactly what code to put in the place of the current
key value (0x31577172) and in the macro sequence
(set="what_do_I_put_here?") to make it work?

> No, but you need to have the sign-as included in
> your pgp_*_command
> settings. For example, my pgp_encrypt_sign_command
> includes:

You lost me there... how that works goes beyond what I
am able to grasp at this time...

Franz

      Wissenswertes zum Thema PC, Zubehör oder Programme. BE A BETTER
INTERNET-GURU!  www.yahoo.de/clever