Re: Colors and... nano or native pager??

On (16/09/07 06:30), promulgato@xxxxxxxx wrote:
> I use it from console most of the time and tried a couple of color
> combinations, but the bright colors coupled with the traditional
> black background get to fatigue my eyes very quickly.
> My preference would be a white/light gray background and not-too-
> bright colors that are easy on the eyes.
> I do not know enough to create my own, so can someone suggest
> where some good code to that extent for my .muttrc can be found?

Here's one way of doing it, mostly lifted from the efforts of
others. You can fiddle with colors to suit yourself, of course.

## MUTT COLORS
# valid colors : white, black,  green,  magenta,
#                blue,  cyan,   yellow, red,
# Each color comes in plain (red) and bright (brightred)
# color thisthing foreground background [arguments]
color normal    black default
color attachment black cyan
color hdrdefault cyan white
color indicator black green
color markers   red white
color index green default ~N   # New
color index magenta yellow ~T  # Tagged
color index black white ~D     # Deleted
color index blue default ~O    # Old
color index red default '~f cron'
color index red default '~f Anacron'
color index brightyellow black "~b '\ name.{0,9}\=.{2,30}\.zip'"
color index red yellow '~f root'
color quoted   blue white
color quoted1  green white
color quoted2  magenta white
color quoted3  yellow white
color signature red cyan
color status   yellow blue
color tilde   blue white
color tree   red white
color header   blue white ^From:
color header   blue white ^To:
color header   blue white ^Date:
color header   blue white ^Reply-To:
color header   blue white ^Cc:
color header   red white ^Subject:
color header   blue white ^X-Spam-Status:
color body   red white [\-\.+_a-zA-Z0-9]+@[\-\.a-zA-Z0-9]+
color body   blue white (https?|ftp)://[\-\.,/%~_:?&=\#a-zA-Z0-9]+
# Errors will be printed in red:
color error brightred brightdefault

Additionally, if you are deploying gpg, you can color the messages thus:

# GPG/PGP related color directives:
mono   body            bold                    "^gpg: Good signature"
mono   body            reverse                 "^gpg: Bad signature from.*"
color  body            brightblack     cyan      "^gpg: Signature made.*"
color  body            brightblack     green     "^gpg: Good signature from.*
                                  "
color  body            brightblack     yellow    "^gpg: Can't check signature
                                  .*"
color  body            brightblack     yellow    "^gpg: WARNING: .*"
color  body            brightwhite     red       "^gpg: BAD signature from.*"

HTH

--
JohnRChamplin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
GPG key 1024D/99421A63 2005-01-05