Re: [OT] buffy like tool for the console

Hi Andre,

> I wonder if there is a tool like buffy for the command line. That tool
> checks my mboxes periodically and displays, how many new messages have
> arrived. It can also start mutt and jump to the mbox which contains new
> messages.

Why don't you leave mutt open (perhaps in a screen session) and use the
macro from /etc/Muttrc shipped with mutt sources:

# show the incoming mailboxes list (just like "mutt -y")
# and back when pressing "y"
macro index,pager y "<change-folder>?<toggle-mailboxes>" "show incoming
mailboxes list"
bind browser y exit

Greets
Alex

--
GnuPG-FP: 02C8 A590 7FE5 CA5F 3601  D1D5 8FBA 7744 CC87 10D0