Re: Charset issue?

On 03May2007 09:53, Roland Hill <rolandh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
| On Wed, 02 May 2007 or thereabouts, Kyle Wheeler came forth with:
| > What is the charset of the email you're looking at? It may be
| > mislabelled (which you may be able to use charset_hook to fix).
|
| Kyle,
| I just checked 3 posts from the sender whose messages I am having the
| display issues with.
| The mailer never changes, yet the charset has been:
|
| us-ascii
| utf-8
| iso-8859-1
|
| .....with the later 2 giving display problems.

Wow. You know that US-ASCII is only 128 characters, and thus \2xx codes must
not occur in it at all - they're out of range?
--
Cameron Simpson <cs@xxxxxxxxxx> DoD#743
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

ASCII  n s. [from the greek]  Those people who, at certain times of the year,
have no shadow at noon; such are the inhabitatants of the torrid zone.
        - 1837 copy of Johnson's Dictionary