Re: GPG and good signature (mis?)behaviour

Stefano Sabatini wrote:
> I discovered this behaviour is dependant on the folder I'm exploring.
> There happens to be "good" folders and "bad" folders, in the good ones
> I can see the "s" flag right just when I open them in the index and
> the verify mechanism works as expected (that is good signatures
> results in a "S" flag), in the bad ones I can't see the "s" when
> opening them in the index, but it appears when I display the
> corresponding mail in the pager, and the "s" doesn't become "S" after
> I verify them even if they are good (according to the gpg output).
>
> I tried to figure out some relevant difference between the good and
> bad folders (I'm using maildir formats), but without success... very
> puzzling, so I have to conclude this is a rather strange bug.

Hmmm.  Do you have folder hooks in play that could cause this?  If you
haven't already, perhaps try with a very stripped down muttrc and see
if it still happens.

> Anyway, apart from the strange "s"/"S" inconsistency, the gnupg output
> seems correct (I verified ti with corrupt signatures), so it means I
> don't have to blindly trust stupid flags ;-).

Good to know.  I don't tend to pay much attention to the s/S flag in
the index, so perhaps I've run into this as well without noticing.

A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a
coffin.
    -- H. L. Mencken