Reading a thread

Hi,

 I have configured mutt that way, that the index
 will collapse all threads as long as there arrived no
 new mails for a certain thread, which will be
 uncollapsed then.

 Suppose mutt shows me the contents of one mail
 of a certain thread (reading that mail).

 My question is: Is it possible to step to the
 next mail of that thread without "q" to quit
 the current mail, "<down>" to go to the next
 mail and "<return" to read the next one?

 Is it further possible, that mutt will not
 step further, if the last mail of a thread
 has been read that way?

 Thank your very much for any help in advance!
 Have a nice sunday!
 mcc