multiple IMAP accounts, sidebar

I have several IMAP accounts on the same server, imap://localhost:14300 (SSH
tunneled). I want to be able to see all the new
mail in one spot, so I use the sidebar patch.

It seems problematic to use account-hook or folder-hook because all of the
accounts are on the same host. I set up stuff like
127.0.0.1 m1 m2 m3 m4 m5
in /etc/hosts to facilitate doing stuff like
mailboxes imap://m1:14300/INBOX
account-hook imap://m1:14300/ 'set imap_user=u1 imap_pass=p1'
folder-hook imap://m1:14300 'set spoolfile=imap://m1:14300/INBOX
folder=imap://m1:14300/'
etc.

If I do that for each account, my sidebar looks like
INBOX
INBOX
INBOX
INBOX
all indistinguishable. Not too useful.

If I leave /INBOX off of the mailboxes directive, I get a more meaningful
folder name in the sidebar, but I need meaningful
names for all the various folders. I could hack by creating lots of /etc/hosts
127.0.0.1 aliases and lots of folder-hooks, but
sheesh.

It's just seeming ridiculously difficult to do this. Someone, please save me.
Thanks.