From: owner-mutt-users@xxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-mutt-users@xxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of William Yardley
Sent: 17 April 2007 18:18
To: mutt-users@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: How to specify the 'From:' field in command line

On Tue, Apr 17, 2007 at 06:13:52PM +0100, Derek.Li@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
wrote:

> Do you guys know how to specify the 'From:' field in command line?
> Basically I want to specify who sends the mail, or the reply address.
>
> mutt -s 'test test' -a myattachment receiver@xxxxx < /dev/null

You can set $EMAIL in your environment (man mutt). For that to work, you
/may/ have to also do -F/dev/null so that your .muttrc is ignored (I did
some tests with this yesterday but forget whether I had to do that or
not). Either that, or do "-F somefile" where somefile is a special
.muttrc.

I checked, and you can set the realname in $EMAIL too, like:

EMAIL="My Name <foo@xxxxxxxxxxx>"

For more information about Barclays Capital, please visit our web site at
http://www.barcap.com.

Internet communications are not secure and therefore the Barclays Group does
not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message.  Although the
Barclays Group operates anti-virus programmes, it does not accept
responsibility for any damage whatsoever that is caused by viruses being
passed.  Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do
not necessarily represent those of the Barclays Group.  Replies to this email
may be monitored by the Barclays Group for operational or business reasons.