Re: Another pain of maildir

Re: Eur Ing Chris Green 2007-03-15 <20070315102826.GA17135@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> How can you save a message in a findable and readable format if you're
> using maildir?

Half an hour ago on #mutt:

12:54 <veal> how can i store an email as a textfile?
12:55 <veal> explicitly
12:57 <ft> s~/file.txt
12:57 <ft> or C~/file.txt
12:58 <ft> 's' would mark the mail for deletion, 'C' would not.
12:58 <veal> thx ft
12:58 <ft> you're welcome.
12:59 <veal> although it creates a maildir :) but at least i don't have to
        search through 100s of mails ;)
13:00 <veal> mmh, and the umlauts get screwed up, sometimes i wish i had mutt
        running localhost :D i'm trying to print the mail :p
13:01 <ft> ':set mbox_type=mbox' should help with the maildir creation.
13:01 <veal> but i do have my mails in maildirs
13:02 <ft> so do I.
13:02 <veal> kk
13:03 <ft> 'mbox_type' is the default type used when mutt tries to _create_ a
        mailbox.
13:06 <ft> Personally, I got fdm, which fetches my mails and sorts them into
        mailboxes. And if I want mutt to create a mailbox, I want it to create
        a mbox. So, that's fine for me. If your setup needs mutt to create
        maildirs, you'll have to create a macro, that sets mbox_type, saves the
        mail and resets 'mbox_type'.

The other way is to go to 'v'iew attachments and 's'ave the body from
there.

Christoph
--
cb@xxxxxxxx | http://www.df7cb.de/