Fw: An alias for the mailboxes

Thanks. I'm now just forwarding this to the ML, because you must have
forgotten.

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 15:51:18 -0600
From: David Champion <dgc@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Salvatore Iovene <salvatore@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: An alias for the mailboxes

* On 2007.03.13, in <20070313234734.1b4206bb@home>,
*       "Salvatore Iovene" <salvatore@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > macro editor *work     <kill-line>imaps://server_1/INBOX
> > macro editor *private  <kill-line>imaps://server_2/INBOX
>
> thanks for the reply. However, I can't get it working. Do I need to
> press any key to enable those macros?
> When I press 'c' and then 'TAB' to view the list of my mailboxes, I
> still get the full path.

These won't affect what you see in the mailbox list.  They just allow
you to type shortcuts.  So you can do 'c*work', for example.  The 'c'
will prompt for a new mailbox to change to, and the '*work' will expand
to "imaps://server_1/INBOX" in the status line.  Press RETURN and you'll
have changed folders.

To change the presentation of the mailbox names, you'd need real mailbox
aliases.  A good idea, but they don't exist. :(

--
 -D.    dgc@xxxxxxxxxxxx        NSIT    University of Chicago

--
Salvatore Iovene