Re: subfolders in Maildir

On Sat, Feb 10 2007 16:20, Travis H. wrote:
> Anyone have any thoughts on the wisdom of this?
>
> Also, is there a canonical naming scheme?  I use a leading period
> for mailboxes that don't receive new mail (i.e. my outbox and
> spam folders)... But I see Maildir++ uses those for subfolders,
> and names with no leading period are special.

Maildir++:

"Folders are created as subdirectories under the main Maildir. The name
of the subdirectory always starts with a period. For example, a folder
named "Important" will be a subdirectory called ".Important". You can't
have subdirectories that start with two periods."

[...]

"Can folders have subfolders, defined in a recursive fashion? The answer
is no. If you want to have a client with a hierarchy of folders, emulate
it. Pick a hierarchy separator character, say ":". Then, folder foo/bar
is subdirectory .foo:bar." [1]

1. http://www.inter7.com/courierimap/README.maildirquota.html

--
redondos