Re: notify new mails

On date Sunday 2006-12-31 09:46:16 +1100, atstake atstake muttered:
> I filter mails to various mbox's  as mutt doesn't notify which mbox
> received new mails. At the moment I'm doing a "tail -f .procmaillog"
> which is rather inconvenient. Is there any way mutt can notify me
> about which mbox received new mails?
>
> I get the "N" parameter beside every new mail and also a "N" beside
> every mbox but what I would like to have is mutt telling me about
> mbox's which received new mails when I open mutt.
>
> Thanks.

Start mutt with -y, and use a mailbox command in your muttrc for each
of the mailboxes you want to check for new mails. Mutt will open
listing all the mailboxes. Then press <tab> (<toggle-mailboxes>) to
switch to a browser view.

The command . <buffy-list> show all the mailboxes containing new
messages.

But also consider to use an external notifier program (dive in the
list archive for an indepth discussion).

HTH
--
Stefano Sabatini
Linux user number 337176 (see http://li.count.org)