is there a text file browser with a mutt like interface?

Hi,

I have grown to like mutt. I like to browse all the
files in a directory by hitting the down arrow button
and arrow up button to move between files in a
directory and space to page down.

"Is very nice".

I want to do that for directories of files - such as
source code directories of c and c++ projects.

I know that mutt does not work on directories of plain
text files (i  tried it...). Is there another program
like it? Sort of mc with a mutt interface twist..

Thanks
Mitchell
Does anyone