Re: mutt, spamcop, and vi: header weeding

On Thu 21 Dec 06,  6:21 PM, Gary Johnson <garyjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:
> On 2006-12-21, Peter Jay Salzman <p@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > The problem is that my headers are left "unweeded" after sending the spam.
> > I tried to solve the problem by adding <display-toggle-weed> at the end of
> > the macro:
> >

> >    macro pager F \
> >    "<display-toggle-weed><forward-message>$my_spam\n<display-toggle-weed>"
> >

> > but this sends the forwarded spam WITHOUT the full headers!  I guess this is
> > because the email hasn't been shipped out yet, so when I issue the 2nd
> > <display-toggle-weed>, it simply re-enables weeding.
> >

> > So how do I turn the header weeding back on?
>
>     :set weed
>
> I think this will work, but I haven't tested it:
>
>     macro pager F \
>     ":set noweed\n<forward-message>$my_spam\n:set weed\n"
>
> HTH,
> Gary

Hi Gary,

So I did this:

   set my_spamcop='p@xxxxxxxxx'
   macro pager F ":set noweed\n<forward-message>$my_spamcop\n:\set weed\n"
   send-hook . 'set signature="~/.sig"'
   send-hook $my_spamcop 'unset signature ; set mime_forward ; set
   editor=/bin/true; push y'
   fcc-hook  $my_spamcop /dev/null

to take a look at what spamcop would receive.  Unfortunately, the headers
were weeded.   :(

Pete

--
How VBA rounds a number depends on the number's internal representation.
You cannot always predict how it will round when the rounding digit is 5.

Peter Jay Salzman, email: p@xxxxxxxxx web: http://www.dirac.org/p