Re: view all attachments as one

On Tue, Dec 19, 2006 at 05:15:07PM +0100, Eric Smith wrote:
>  When I press enter on an attachment, then the process defined in
>  .mailcap is spawned from mutt and I have to close that
>  application before being able to view another attachment.
>
>  How do I configure (.mailcap) to make the application detach
>  from the mutt process?
>
>  Thanks
>  --
>  Eric Smith
---end quoted text---
Hi,
You can get mutt_bgrun from the internet and use it in your .mailcap.
Example:

application/pdf;            mutt_bgrun xpdf %s ; copiousoutput

and when you press enter on an attachment the process defined in
.mailcap will start in background leting you continue working with
mutt.

I usualy set it this way:
application/pdf;            mutt_bgrun xpdf %s >> /dev/null 2>&1; copiousoutput
 because some applications dump error messages that mess with the
 terminal where mutt is running.
____
 Rui