Re: MUTT file attachments are mandatory?

On 2006-12-12, fernando.olmos@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Thanks Kyle.
>
> I already solved it, like you said, by testing the existence of the file
> before running MUTT. However, due to the nature of the reports that I
> need to attach this means IF THEN ELSE on every report, which means a
> lot of overheads with MUTT commands all over the shop. It would have
> been nice for MUTT to treat the '-a' switch as optional and I hence I
> would have only ONE command line for all my reports.

How about putting the commands to test for the existence of the file
in a shell script instead of in your report generator and have the
report generator use the script instead of running mutt directly?

HTH,
Gary

--
Gary Johnson                               | Agilent Technologies
garyjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                   | Wireless Division