MUTT file attachments are mandatory?

Hi
I am a newbie to MUTT, so I hope this question has not been asked too
often.
I want to MUTT an email with two file attachments with the '-a' switch.
However, the files may not exist! If the file(s) does not exist, Mutt
reports an error ...
Can't stat /mis/qldmips/daily/qldtrans.txt: No such file or directory
/mis/qldmips/daily/qldtrans.txt: unable to attach file.
How can I tell MUTT to treat the '-a' as optional and not mandantory?
Thanks

Fernando Olmos
MIS
Senior Analyst Programmer
HPA
Direct:  03 9217 5411
Mobile: 0410 382 857
Fax:     03 9217 5716
IMPORTANT
The contents of this e-mail and its attachments are confidential and intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.  If
you received this e-mail in error, please notify the HPA Postmaster,
postmaster@xxxxxxxxxx,
then delete  the e-mail.
This footnote also confirms that this e-mail message has been swept for the
presence of computer viruses by Ironport. Before opening or using any
attachments, check them for viruses and defects.
Our liability is limited to resupplying any affected attachments.
HPA collects personal information to provide and market our services. For more
information about use, disclosure and access see our Privacy Policy at
www.hpa.com.au