Re: Building MDK 10.1 RPM

Chris wrote:
> I'm trying to build an RPM of Mutt V1.5.12 for MKD 10.1, this is
> only the 2nd RPM I've built. I ran across an error when trying to
> build it which was:
>
> rpmbuild -bb /home/chris/rpm/SPECS/mutt.spec
> error: line 23: Tag takes single token only: Release:   %mkrel 12
>
> I changed the line %define pversion 1.5.9 to 1.5.12 but shouldn't
> the next line, %define release        %mkrel 9, also be 12? Changing
> that to 12 caused the error above.

The error has something to do with some of Mandrake's rpm macros.
You'll likely find a proper answer to your question on a general
Mandrake list or on one of their websites that describes how to make
packages for their systems.

As one who packages things for a different rpm-based distribution,
I'll say that I doubt highly that you want %mkrel to be 12 just
because the mutt version is 1.5.12.

Also, while you're packaging mutt up, why not get 1.5.13? :)

You cannot propel yourself forward by patting yourself on the back.