Attachment reminders

Hi all,

As happens to me every so often, I sent out a message today where I
meant to attach a file but after editing I was too quick hitting send.
This doesn't happen frequently, but it still got me looking at ways to
make it happen even less.

To that end I poked on the wiki and found
http://wiki.mutt.org/?ConfigTricks/CheckAttach.

I would implement something like this, but it wouldn't do me a lot of
good when the message that I'm sending is encrypted as grepping for
attach in the message body tends to fail for encrypted text. :)  [This
was the case today that spurred my interest.]

My next thought was to do something similar except using $editor for
the attachment checking script instead of $sendmail.  This too has
limitations and I'm wondering if it's possible to overcome them.

I have editor set to a script that first calls my real editor and then
greps the message after the editor exits.  If the message contains the
regex '\battach' it will spit out a reminder to actually attach a
file.

Is there a way to call the attach-file function automatically instead
of just printing a nag?

Is there a way to check if I've already attached a file and skip the
nag and or attach-file call?

Obviously, if anyone has better ways to do this I'd be glad to hear
them.  It's not a big issue as I'm not too worried about looking like
a fool to those I correspond with, but if I can further improve the
things that "just work" in my mail setup I'd be happy.

Thanks,

Man was made at the end of the week's work when God was tired.
    -- Mark Twain