Re: strange tab completion behaviour on mailboxes

* On Sat, Nov 25, 2006 Chris Bannister (mockingbird@xxxxxxxxxx) muttered:
> I press 's' on a message and get e.g.
> Save to mailbox ('?' for list): =OUT-Personal
> Now If I backspace:
> Save to mailbox: =
> then press c tab tab, I get:
>
>  1     drwxr-xr-x  2 chrisb   chrisb      12288 Nov 24 14:03 cache/
>  2     drwx------  5 chrisb   chrisb       4096 Nov 05 00:41 cad/
>  3     drwx------  5 chrisb   chrisb       4096 Jan 24 07:40 camera/
>
> See there is no canine/ maildir so I press y
> Come back to the prompt:
> Save to mailbox: =ca
> Now if I type n, I get:
> Save to mailbox: n
> Not what I would expect.
> I would expect: Save to mailbox: =can

Feature - when you return to the prompt and type something the current
prompt gets overwritten. You just ran into the one case where it's
inconvenient.

HTH,

Michael
--
"We all know Linux is great...it does infinite loops in 5 seconds."
(Linus Torvalds about the superiority of Linux on the Amsterdam

PGP-Key-ID: 0xDC1A44DD
Jabber:     init[0]@amessage.de