Replacing Aliases with abook?

Hello,
is there any way to replace mutts internal alias mechanism with abook?

I know about queries and what they do, but I imagine something
different, namely using queries to lbdb for searching adresses not saved
in abook, while abook itself should open up instead of the alias file after
hitting "m" and then "tab".

The problem is that my alias file gets a little too big on the one hand
and has no convenient way of searching, whileas lbdb is kind of awkward for
mails with more than a handfull of recipients...

Cheers
Felix

P.S.: I know that you can do it the other way around and open abook,
select all the entries and have mutt compose a mail to them, but what
fun is that? ;)
--
"If you want to learn how to play the Blues, get yourself a woman."
        -- Danko Jones