Re: How to make mutt execute commands from the command line?

=- Marco Fioretti wrote on Wed  8.Nov'06 at 15:07:32 +0100 -=

> What I need to do is, more or less, inside a bash loop:
>
> mutt -f $ORIG_MBOX -e "COMMAND_TO_SAVE_ALL_MESSAGES_TO_A_MAILDIR"
>
> where both the original and destination mailbox are calculated
> on the fly. I thought the command should be something like
>
>   <tag-pattern>.<enter><tag-prefix><copy-message>PATH_TO_MAILDIR/<enter>
>
> but if I try to run this at the prompt:
>
> mutt -f test_in -e
> 'tag-pattern>.<enter><tag-prefix><copy-message>test_out/<enter>'
>
> all I get is:
>
> Error in command line:
> tag-pattern>.<enter><tag-prefix><copy-message>bingo/<enter>: unknown command
>
> as far as I understand, I am missing something silly like
> correct quoting or similar, but what is it? I have tried several
> variations of the command above without success.

You need to 'push' the functions.
See http://WIKI.mutt.org/
        MuttGuide/Syntax
and "rtfm" for details beyond that.

Even if it seems insignificant, in fact EVERY effort counts
for a shared task, at least to show your deserving attitude.