Re: Searching in the index is not documented

* cga2000 <cga2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> [08-17-06 16:03]:

> I started using mutt about the same time and my feeling is that the
> mutt manual is a better than average "Reference Guide". I can't think
> of a better wording but what would have helped me tremendously -- and
> still would.. is a "User Guide".

With the documentation that mutt has, probably one of the best in
linux, the best 'User Guide' is experimentation.  After all, with a
good manual to start and text configuration, if you have a question,
try different things to see what works.  When you find something that
you think should be known, add it to thw wiki.

Else, having plenty of time on you hands, generate a basic 'Users
Guide' and ask for contributions to your project.  Mutt *is* open
source.

*Many* questions as posed here that could be answered with very simple
experimentation.  A few simple hints, begin with a blank or very basic
rc-file, send mails locally to yourself or root or some alias that you
have set, capture the output, examine your failures and successes and
ask yourself why one worked and another failed.  Remember that you must
source changes to your rc-file, and sometimes must restart mutt after
an rc-file change.  Section your rc-file so similar commands and
functions are together.

READ man mutt, man muttrc, /usr/share/doc/packages/mutt/manual.txt.gz
HOG # US1244711         Photo Album:  http://wahoo.no-ip.org/gallery2