Re: /mail/sent-mail: No such file or directory (errno = 2)

--- cga2000 <cga2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Same as Kyle W. I suspected the "~" that stands for
> your home directory
> was not getting expanded the usual way.
>
> Other possible differences:
>
> 1. I use the mbox format .. Do you?
> 2. Permissions of "Sent" are set to "-rw-------"
> 3. There's no dash in my file name ..
> 4. ..
>
> .. can't see any of the above causing any of this ..
> would not account
> for the error message anyway .. but who knows?
>
> Oh, you did bounce mutt after making the changes,
> right?
>
> Maybe one of the macros you've written is causing
> this as a side-effect

What do you mean by "bounce mutt"? Didn't find an
explanation of that phrase in the FM. I was using
Maildir format, not really understanding very well the
difference between it and mbox. I changed back to
mbox, but that's actually irrelevant, as I determined.
This ended up being sort of a false alarm. The whole
problem is that I was trying to send the selfsame
message while I went about editing .muttrc. The
postposed message was not using the new settings, and
so kept trying to save itself the previous erroneously
entered sent-mail file/folder location. Once I tossed
that message and tried to send a new one, everything
worked as advertised. To me, the program trying to use
an old setting for sending this message was unexpected
behaviour and it took me some extra time and effort to
determine that the problem lay there. Maybe someone
else would have fingered it out sooner. Thanks for the
input on this issue.

James