Not always seeing new mail in mailboxes

I've moved to a new shell account (both old and new are Linux) and have
transferred all of my mutt setup, basically copying everything without
change except to change system names and E-Mail addresses as required.

For some reason mutt is not now seeing new mail in all the mailboxes I
have listed in the mailboxes command.  However when I manually navigate
to the mailboxes in question messages there are marked as N[ew].

What sort of things are likely to cause this problem?  I know the mail
delivery mechanism on the new system is different.  On the old system I
was using procmail to move mail into appropriate mailboxes, on the new
system it's done with a perl script using Mail::Audit.

I don't think there are any other huge differences, on the new system I'm
running "Mutt 1.5.11+cvs20060403 (2006-04-03)" - coo, that's up to date -
not my doing, the sysadmin uses mutt so keeps it at the bleeding edge.
On the system I moved from it was "Mutt 1.4.2i (2004-02-11)"

--
Chris Green (chris@xxxxxxxxxxxx)