Generating an alias file 'on the fly'

Can anyone suggest how I can run a unix command from within my muttrc
file and then source the output of that command as part of the muttrc
file?

I currently use some awk scripts to generate the 'lists' and
'subscribe' lines in my muttrc using the `<run a command>` syntax and
that works fine.

Now I want to generate some mutt aliases using the same approach but
since the alias command expects one alias per line that's not so easy.

Aha, is the 'source' command with a | at the end what I want?

If I have the follwoing in my muttrc (for example):-

    source ~/bin/myscript.awk|

does mutt execute the *output* of myscript.awk as part of the muttrc?

--
Chris Green (chrisisbd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)