Re: lookup_octetstream

On 2006-07-12, clloydknight@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Trying this again... It failed for some reason the first time...
>
> On Mon, Jul 10, 2006 at 05:05:23PM -0400, Kyle Wheeler wrote:
> > It was made more generic. What you want to do to achieve the same
> > effect is add the following to your muttrc:
> >
> >     mime_lookup application/octet-stream
>
> I have this line in my .muttrc on two systems. It works as expected on
> one, but on the other i still get the unknown mime-type message and
> mutt tries to display the attachment as text. I would guess that mutt
> is not finding my mime.types file. Would anyone know where mutt looks
> for this? I would prefer using a system-wide one (/etc/mime.types or
> /usr/etc/mime.types, perhaps?). Is this something i should also
> specify somewhere in my .muttrc?

Mutt looks for $HOME/.mime.types, SYSCONFDIR/mime.types, and
PKGDATADIR/mime.types, and reads each one that it finds.  You can
find the values of PKGDATADIR and SYSCONFDIR for your copy of mutt
by executing

    mutt -v

Unfortunately, you can't change this at run time.

Gary

--
Gary Johnson                               | Agilent Technologies
garyjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                   | Wireless Division