Re: receivers fail to see attachments even they are attached

On Thursday, January 19 at 04:53 PM, quoth phyrster:
I use gmail to send messages and some receivers complaint that there were no attachments in the message. But I am one hundred percent sure that I have attached the file. The lost attachments only occur when the files' names are in Chinese. If I rename them into English only names, the attachments then arrive safely.

How is this a mutt-related issue?

What is causing this problem? I guess it is related to either gmail system or my locale: en_US-UTF-8. But I am not certain what it is and how to slove it.

Is your locale a typo? I believe on most systems that should be en_US.UTF-8 (note the period instead of the hyphen).

~Kyle
--
These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman.
                                                        -- Thomas Paine