Re: procmail with mutt

Gerald Britton <gerald.britton@xxxxxxxxx> [06/01/17 10:41] typed :
> On 1/17/06, Chris Green <chris@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Tue, Jan 17, 2006 at 09:22:15AM -0500, Gerald Britton wrote:
> > > Thanks!  I've confirmed that the approach outlined below works.
> > > However, I'm still quite curious about whether (and how) mutt can be
> > > made to read the messages in a directory.  I see from the mutt
> > > information, that MH format seems to cover this:
> > >
> > > "An MH folder is a directory containing either a .mh_sequences or
> > > .xmhcache file. Messages are separate files that are numbered
> > > sequentially. MH is rarely used, most prefer the maildir format."
> > >
> > > I created a .mh_sequences file in my folder (touch
> > > /var/mail/me/.mh_sequences) and started mutt with:
> > >
> > > mutt -m MH -f /var/mail/me
> > >
> > > Now, mutt starts without errors, but does not display the messages
> > > that are there.  I suppose it is looking for files with a particular
> > > naming convention.  Does anyone know what that is?

When I used the mh format (a very long time ago), I had procmail pipe
the message to a program called rcvstore to put it in the appropriate
directory. The rcvstore program updates the .mh_sequences and other mh
related files.

I just looked up this program on Google and it seems that it can also
do some filtering but I used procmail to do the filtering and simply
used rcvstore as the delivery mechanism.

HTH,
sridhar
--
Sridhar Srinivasan                                    GPG Key ID 9F7021C6