Re: set sendmail_wait=-1, what happens on failure?

On Thu, Aug 25, 2005 at 11:36:48AM -0500, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
> * Chris Green <chris@xxxxxxxxxxx> [08-25-05 08:13]:
> > It's just happened to me in practice and the first indication I got
> > was people saying they hadn't received mails that I thought I had sent
> > several hours ago.  I don't want to wait for the sendmail to run but I
> > do want to know if the mail hasn't been sent within, say, five or ten
> > minutes.
> >

> man sendmail
> sendmail -bp
> sendmail -q

... but the mail hasn't got to sendmail so the above won't help.

mutt is attempting to ssh to a remote sendmail and the remote system
is down or unreachable for some reason.

--
Chris Green (chris@xxxxxxxxxxx)

    "Never ascribe to malice that which can be explained by incompetence."